Thursday, June 10, 2010

Camp Ukiah, a la Drew

here's a look at drew bennett's looks on the residency and retreat up in ukiah. he built a very large tipi out of 25 foot long bamboo poles that we retrieved from treasure island, strapped to the roof of a 16 foot moving truck, drove all the way up to ukiah, and then carried up and down some big hills. it made it special. (at one point, right after our hour of loading and figuring out how to strap these big boys down, as I was merging this large truck onto the bay bridge from treasure island, a lady in a neighboring car was frantically waving me down, which I could only assume meant, "you have huge poles strapped to the top of your truck and they are about to fall," but what I quickly found out was that what she truly wanted to tell me was that I was driving on the highway with the back of the truck wide open...with our deep focus on bamboo security, and our deep need to get to a bakesale betty fried chicken sandwich, we took off, back door wide open for business and for danger. luckily we caused no accidents, just had some laughs and some sandwiches. click the drew link for some more photos of this experience, and see below for the photo lucas took of me cruising in the truck with my blue tooth, just moments before our frantic lady friend overtook us...all business).




























2 comments:

nathaniel russell said...

you put the TOOT in bluetooth

Chelsea said...

What is this residency (?) amazing party??? Looks like the most fun...