Thursday, October 21, 2010

MoonWALK MoonDANCE


I'm about to get in the car and drive down south to LA and then the OC...I'm in a show at the Orange County Museum of Art called the California Biennial along with some people I think are amazing. Besides sharing some drawings and some maps and ephemera from past events...I decided to see what it's like to plan a thing down in Newport Beach (a bit of a different scene than I'm used to). I went down for a week to scout out a site for a possible full moon dance party which would be the night of the opening. It's an extremely developed area (Fashion Island I learned is not actually an island), but I discovered one fairly forgotten stretch of marshy low woods. I spent four days clearing an area of all the tall grasses and reeds, and now I've carved out a little woodsy dancehall. I invited these rad djs from LA, NGUZUGNUZU to come make people move, (on the recommendation of my lucky dragon brethren) and a dear friend Kori Girard who now lives in LA will be screening some video pieces that he made with Gus Altman....it'll be an experiment! I'm just going to go down and pass out these invitations and maps at the opening and see who wants to take a group walk through the fullmoonlight to the woods for a dance and assume we'll get at least a bit of dancing in before newport beach police catch wind. I'll report back...if you're in LA and want to come send me an email! ribbonspublications[at[gmail

No comments: