Saturday, November 1, 2008

Spelunked! pt 1


last night was the first installment of cave shows with Barn Owl and Mount Eerie. It was heavy. as you'll see below, sometimes it looked like a wizards den in the middle of potions practice, sometimes it looked like a slow motion rave, and sometimes it looked like the set of the smells like teen spirit music video. all things I am proud to take on.

thanks for joining in the cave hang friends...next friday, Nov 7th from 6-10 will be the opening reception of From Now On (new and old drawings of mine) next door at Forthrite (5857 San Pablo), and the cave will be open for exploring. And on Nov 22nd will be the second show with Lucky Dragons, Avocet, Fertile Crescent and Hecuba...until then, let's elect Barack Obama.









....phil, cave wizard, casting spells....

if anyone is interest, conor O screenprinted up some choice posters for the evening and there's still a small stack left...send me an email (ribbonspublications@gmail.com) and I can connect you with the print maestro.

2 comments:

frank Lyon said...

dave!

great job!

It is so funny to write to you here! Ahhhhh! Welcome to the future I guess. Often welcoming myself to the future I suppose. Most often when I am cruising in my vehicle and decide to listen to something from youtube on my Iphone impulsively, like the david the gnome soundtrack, for example. Anyways, just another meditation on technology I suppose...

Ummm... talk to you soon,
feelin' private-public? Or is it public-private? Not sure actually.

God. Bless.

fluidly,
francois.

ribbonspublications(at)gmail.com said...

frank, all I can do is agree with goooooooood girl and second the motion:

...very good....

you were missed the other night, many loving inquiries.